Friday, December 4, 2009

Things to help the economy


Ok. I have annoyed everyone enough with my bashing of the current administration and their lack of doing anything useful. I will now give some advice which I am sure will never been seen by them. Oh well, its their loss.

Ways to help the economy:

Of course you are going to say to yourself 'they can't do that, it's impossible' etc, but I don't think it is. The government has done some crazy stuff over the years and I think they could do some of these things.

1.) Declare one business day in the U.S. as a interest free day on debt. No debt in any U.S. based business can accrue any interest for one day. Sure it will piss off some companies but I but we will get to see what some think like that can do and use it to a larger extent (if it works). Do I know if this will work (by saving people and companies huge amounts of money), no but it is something to TRY. Note that word... try. No one in government seems to have the balls to try new things cause they are afraid they will not be re-elected.

2.) Become more economically isolationist. Yes, it would piss off other nations but I bet you anything the U.S. economy would start picking up steam if the money people spent stayed in the country.

3.) Cut taxes. Not small cuts but BIG ASS ONES. Do some serious looking at government funding and cut back everything that isn't absolutely necessary. Cut taxes that will go across the board.

4.) Hire Steve Forbes as an economic consultant. In fact hire a whole pool of financial experts that are not cabinet appointees. Real people who have skills and not people who 'know' other people.

Ok, I know I'm not too smart but here are a few things to think about.

No comments: