Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh my

Have you ever faked a book report? I did in 6th grade. I went before the class and made up a book report about a The Old Man and the Sea.

Oh, sorry anyway... the president made his Nobel Peace Prize speech and I watched a bit of it...

Oh man. Just put yourself in his place for a second. You get a letter stating that you won the peace prize and the cash that comes with it as long as you go make a speech when you accept it.
You decide to do it (cause you need the cash real bad).

What do you make a speech about?

Well, (you think) it's the Nobel Peace Prize... so I'll make a speech about peace.

That is EXACTLY what happened today.

I suspect that when someone won the Nobel Peace Prize for helping liberate an oppressed tribe in Africa, THEIR speech was about that... their experience in helping those people, right?

What if you don't know why you won the award? What would YOU talk about... peace of course!

This is what happened this morning.

Too funny.

No comments: